An overview of the features planned for upcoming releases:
0.8 release (March 2009)
0.9 release (May 2009)
- Extension of annotation capabilities
- Including user-created connections (in text and map views), ability to edit
existing annotations, searchable annotations,
and the fore-grounding of a user's own annotations.
- Media timeline tracks
- Users will be able to add named timeline tracks to audio and video timelines.
- Map feature completion
- Currently the map interface is still a prototype, with several known issues.
This release will see it stable and feature complete. This will include the
addition of coloured and annotated item connectors.
- User interface overhaul
- The current UI look and feel will be updated. Here's a screenshot of the work in progress:
1.0 release (July 2009)
- Question-based searching
- Pro-forma question templates will allow the user to simply build complex queries.
These will be accessible via 'who, where, what, when, how' links.
- Multiple simultaneous media playback
- Users will be able to simultaneously play more than one video or audio resource,
allowing for comparative study and annotation.
- Automatic shot-cut timelines
- Video media will be automatically annotated with a timeline track containing shot-cut information.
- Linked Data producer/consumer
- Semantic Web-compliant Linked Data will be published and consumed, for example to
support the integration of externally-held user profiles.
- User work bench
- User's will have a 'work bench' where they can collect, store, order and export resources.
These resources could include user-created video excerpts.
- Resources can be bookmarked and cited
- Resource URLs will be such that they can be bookmarked (e.g. using social bookmarking sites)
and used in citations.
- TBC, but will include...
- Tutorials, examples
- Documented usage examples and video tutorials will be created to support the use
of the software.